Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The adventure begins!

Here I am in the quaint little town of Sturbridge, MA, in the middle of a record heat wave. After getting through a mini-trauma with a diabetic ulcer on one foot yesterday, my podiatrist gave me instructions, antibiotics, and his blessing to do my travel. I was very worried about postponing, but health comes first. It did leave me believing I would have felt more secure about rescheduling with a travel agent; I used Orbitz and got a good deal, but at least one part of the package was not refundable or open to change. Just a little tidbit for fellow travels: if you get travel insurance through an agent, you'll feel more secure.

Tomorrow at Old Sturbridge Village will be a day filled with a lot of filming, I anticipate, because I want to really bring home the actual physical daily activities the colonists were absorbed in. It may illustrate their close connections to Puritanism and the church, both of which show up in the writing from that time period. I'm looking forward to it so much that I feel like I'm getting to go to the carnival---but just wait until I get to the Frost places. I may be "plumb giddy" by then. Must get rest. More tomorrow, with more specific details. I'm exhausted for now...Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels! We're following your footsteps via your blog and look forward to watching the fellowship unfold.

    ReplyDelete